Friday, June 12, 2020

Garden Update.....New Tomato Habitats......

I'm working with my usual foursome of  heirloom tomatoes.  But I used to crowd them into the two metal tanks.   Heirloom Tomatoes can get quite large, so we decided to build additional Tomato Habitat:



Above:  New Habitat with the Betalux Tomatoes; Below, the Complete Tomato Habitat,: Paul Robeson on the left and Sioux on the right.




And planted our new little guys, grown at home from seeds.  First My Favorite, Paul Robeson, a smaller purplish tomato:



Next the Sioux Tomato, typically a large red-orange tomato.



And two Betalux Tomatoes, average size fruit on a somewhat smaller plant:

 


 


Okay, they don't look like much now.  But we are talking about plants that will be 4-6 feet tall in the end.  Sometimes I've had to climb on a small ladder to pick the fruit.  Bythe way, tomatoes are technically a fruit and not a vegetable.

No comments:

Post a Comment