Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Forest within a forest

I'm on week 24 of my 52 rolls project. So that puts me about a month behind on posts.

In week 24 I posted a photograph I made this June in Montana while attending a B&W Photography/Printing workshop hosted at the Photographer’s Formulary. The workshop was led by a New Mexican landscape photographer by the name of Nathan McCreery and focused on film shooting technique and printing negatives.


This image came about after the light at the primary location had gotten too strong. We had gotten up just after sunrise to shoot a nearby location called Swan Lake. Once the light on the lake had gotten too harsh, I headed with my camera down a disused trail, and happened on this scene of a pair of trees growing out of a trunk. Scenes like this always make me contemplate the tenacity of life. So I made this image. 

T he photograph was made with my B&J 4×5 press camera, 150 mm lens, Ilford Delta Pro 100 film, developed in PMK PYRO developer and scanned on an Epson V700 flatbed scanner.

1 comment: